2016 Main Street Iowa Challenge Grants Available
IEDA and Main Street Iowa are pleased to once again offer bricks and mortar Challenge Grants to our communities. $925,000 will be awarded for building rehabilitation projects for commercial projects within the designated Main Street Iowa districts.
Grants will range from $15,000 – $75,000 and require a dollar for dollar (1:1)CASH match. The application process and project eligibility are very similar to previous grant rounds. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to, building rehabilitation projects – interior and exterior, new construction and sensitive building additions. More information and details are provided in the project description details.
– APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2016 11:59PM
– Each community/program can apply for ONE grant (Same as previous years)
– Grants will be submitted on Iowa Grants. Paper applications will NOT be accepted. No exceptions.
– Late applications will not be accepted.
– Minimum Grant amount = $15,000. Maximum = $75,000 (Same as previous years)
– All grants require a dollar for dollar (1:1) CASH match. (Same are previous years)
– Multiple property projects are still eligible. EACH project must meet the minimum grant amount ($15,000) Projects need a common connection or theme.
– Local Main Street Programs are the actual applicants, on behalf of a local project. (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org )
– Grant announcements are planned for mid-November. Exact date and time to be determined.