Those investing receive many benefits, including supporting a results oriented organization, online assistance for businesses from a listing on our website, cross promotions, seminars and more.
Those pledging by July 1, 2015 will become a founding member of Organizing for Main Street, and will have their name or business name engraved on our Founders Plaque. To pledge an investment amount, mail information to Organizing for Main Street, 307 N. 13th Street, Centerville, IA 52544. Please include an individual’s contact name, business name (if applicable), address, phone number and e-mail as well as your pledge amount and whether you are pledging a yearly or monthly contribution.
In 2014, Organizing for Main Street took several steps to solidify our organization to better service our community:
- The downtown vision has been developed and the OMS Strategic Plan and Committee goals and budgets have been set for 2015.
- We continue to work under the Main Street Four Point approach and will apply for state certification in the summer of 2015.
- The OMS website is online and a newsletter was developed.
- Conducted quarterly socials with themes of communications, free online presence options, second story tours and fire safety.
- Worked cooperatively with the Chamber to promote downtown shopping as a destination on Second Saturdays. Designed and co-sponsored Second Saturday Flags.
- OMS had a presence at Wine Fest; Children’s Art Festival; Planes, Trains and Automobiles; and Pancake Day.
- Accepted ownership of three historical murals.
- Assisted Appanoose Economic Development Corporation with the downtown tours in September and October.
- Hired State Main Street Team to perform a downtown assessment. OMS coordinated this three day assessment of the downtown that involved widespread community input. As a result, there were nine themes identified for improvements. A timeline was developed and tasks were distributed among the Chamber, Organizing for Main Street, Historic Preservation, Appanoose Economic Development and the City of Centerville.
- Established an office space and hired a full-time director, Mary Wells.